Thursday, July 28, 2011

Excerpts from McKenzie’s Third Letter from MTC

Sometimes I am a little bit of a ditz. So the other day at the beginning of class when we were kneeling down to pray, my teacher asked who wanted to pray. I volunteered saying loudly, "wo zui" which means "I sin."  In my brain I intended to say "wo hui" which means " I will".  My entire district started laughing so hard.  They finally gained composure, and I started to pray, but no one could hold their laughter for very long.  I finished my prayer as everyone – including my usually very serious teacher – was laughing so hard.  I don't know why things like this always happen to me, but they do.  

We had a wonderful fireside this week.  A gentleman talked about repentance. He spoke about how sometimes we feel negatively about repentance and how we feel hesitant to share the message with people who aren’t members of the Church.  But he talked about how repentance is a means by which we “might not suffer if we would repent.”  Repentance isn't a scary thing or a bad thing; it is the greatest blessing ever!  He talked about how in other languages repentance translates to "to turn," and he talked about how that is what repentance is. It is turning towards God.   It allows one to start fresh and reunite with god.  Repentance should not be hard or scary – but hopeful.   
 
Ev
eryday I feel so immensely blessed to be a missionary.  This work is amazing because what we teach is true and what we teach blesses and enhances life in an amazing way.

No comments:

Post a Comment