Monday, July 25, 2011

Excerpts from Garrett's Second Letter

This past week has been pretty good.  It has been more of the same – studying Khmae, eating at ridiculously early times, reading the Book of Mormon, etc.  Such is the life in the MTC.  It has been a week of ups and downs in terms of the language.  At times, I am a little jealous of all the English speaking missionaries. I am grateful to learn a language though, and it has been going well.  I have to work hard in order to make up for not picking up terms and ideas as quickly as some others.  I feel good about my progress though.     


  We had a really good fireside the other day.  A woman and her children came and played the violin for all of us, and it was really awesome.  She used to be the main violinist for the National Orchestra; she has done a ton of tours; she went to Juilliard and some other really good school in Philadelphia.  She played great songs and spoke a little bit as well.  Even her kids played a piece.  All of them were under 9 and they were amazing.  I felt a little bad because I was kind of boasting earlier saying that I could read music...then a bunch of little kids got up and amazed us all.  

I am still waiting to get back into the swing of things in gym.  I walked 15 hills the other day, and am I little sore today.  I plan on going to the gym next week and riding the stationary bike and then hopefully doing some light jogging.       Our district was reprimanded a little this week.  Another district complained that we were "congregating" in the corner of the hall and playing loud games.  We have had to stop during the night time.  The reason why we "congregate" though is because we really like each other.  It has been a blessing to have such a great group of guys who all really get along together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment