Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Am I at a zoo? Nope. That is just a large asian buffalo in the field right next to the Branch President's house!

The hardest part about the week was that Elder Den was sick.  He had a headache all week and cold like symptoms.  We could not proselyte on Tuesday and a couple of the other days he had to rest for a couple hours or we could not work as hard.  That was the hardest part of the week for me.  It just makes you feel like crap when you only have a short time to serve, and you have to spend some days inside or some days not being as productive as you could.  

Random thought, I have seen many goats here.  A goat with an udder full of milk trying to run is one of the most disgusting things you will ever see. 



I feel like my language skills are getting a lot better.  I have learned a lot of new words from Elder Den – including a good amount of slang that makes the members and others laugh.  I feel pretty good about it.  Recently I have been working on my spelling and writing.  I want to improve that a lot.  But overall, I think my language is getting pretty good.  Obviously, I still have a lot of work to do, but it is improving.


 Rice Field

We have 3 progressing investigators: Bourey, and Botum and Carola. So, Botum and Carola are both 12.  Botum lives with the Branch President.  She is his niece.  Apparently her parents used to really neglect her, so now she lives with her uncle.  She is a really sweet girl, but she has a hard time focusing – just a typical young girl.  It’s okay though, I enjoy teaching her because she is so happy.  Usually we review a point and teach and tiny bit farther and then stop because she has a hard time remembering.  Carola's parents do not want to learn, and her older sister is married to the 1st Counselor in the Branch Presidency.  We need to figure out if we can actually teach her because unlike Botum, Carola's parents do not want to learn.  She is good though, listens well, and comes to church.   

Bourey is an older man - probably around 50 years old.  He is a good guy.  We taught him on Saturday about our life on earth, and he listened. But I do not know if he really was all there.  He seemed to be kind of thinking about something else.  Oh well, so that was that.  He usually just comes to church for 1st hour, so we taught him about the Sabbath day and keeping it holy. We told him that he needs to come to church for 3 hours, and then this week he did not come.  That was disappointing.   




I took this picture of my Branch President because I took it for the District President.  Why is that cool? Because we have 5 General Authorities (including 1 Apostle) visiting Cambodia in May, and the Apostle who is coming (we don’t know which one yet) wants a picture of all the branch presidents.  Think about this for a moment.  I took with my own hand and my own camera a picture that will be seen by an
Apostle and 4 other General Authorities.  Awesome.




Mom, look at the Buffalo picture.  I read your email and it said to stay away from anything with horns. That buffalo had some pretty bighorns.  Don't worry though it is not a buffalo like in America.  They do not run they just eat and walk.  The kid watching over it was riding on it for awhile.  It's like a big cow.  Really cool though.

No comments:

Post a Comment