Sunday, November 6, 2011

Garrett's Miracle

I saw a miracle of sorts this week.  It was late – maybe  7ish, and we were riding down a small "road" on our way to Yaa's house.  It is not a busy road at all.  Elder Sok got too close to me while riding, and somehow we got tangled up.  There was a split second where Elder Sok said something like, "Oh, it’s okay," and then we both hit the ground and slid along the pavement.  The next thing I remember is that I was on the other side of my bike jumping away from it and trying to free my leg.  The miracle is that neither one of us got hurt.  I honestly do not know how that is possible.  I do not have a scratch on my body.  The way I fell, onto my right side with my bike on top of me, I should have been really hurt.  I know I slid on the ground right on my leg and that somehow I flipped over and got on the other side when we stopped sliding.  Maybe I am not explaining well, but it truly is a miracle I am not hurt.  I am not saying I would have died or broke my leg.  But logically, I should have scratches all down my butt, thigh, leg, etc.  I literally do not remember feeling anything, and I have absolutely no idea how I got onto the other side of the bike.  Crazy, but nonetheless a miracle, I believe.

This week has been good.  We had Asia Area Conference on Sunday, which was really awesome.  All of the talks were very applicable to the needs of Cambodia.  Richard G. Scott talked about woman and how they need to honor themselves and how men need to honor women as well. It was very good. They also talked a lot about temples.  Since Cambodia is moving forward to become two stakes, they are also excited about building a temple someday in the future.  The speaker pretty much said that yes Asia will have more temples in the future, but for now focus on saving money in order to get married for eternity in an existing temple in Hong Kong, Japan, etc.  It was a really good conference, and I hope it helped the members see the role that they play in the progression of their own lives and testimonies and the progression of their own countries.  It was a very good conference.

http://www.csmonitor.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/images/csm-photo-galleries-images/photos-of-the-day-images/2011/1101/13/10897476-1-eng-US/13_full_600x400.jpg
A Cambodian man herds ducks at Kvet village on the outskirts of Phnom Penh, Cambodia. (Courtesy of The Christian Science Monitor)
Mei should be baptized this Sunday.  It is really exciting, but we are seeing the devil work very hard against her this week.  We planned and prepared her brother to baptize her.  But they have had contention this week, and she no longer wants him to do it....dangit.  She also has been working a lot, and tonight is the first night that we will meet with her this week.  We will watch the Finding Faith in Jesus Christ video.  We continue to pray to help her with her anger and problems.  She will be alright though; she still has a strong desire to be baptized.

We also saw a lot of progression with Maly this week.  She has been working a lot, causing us to move back her baptismal date, but she is really changing.  I literally can see it in her eyes and face.  She has a desire to learn – a desire that was not there before.  When we come to teach her, she actually focuses and tries to understand.  She is quite forgetful though... that is a minor problem.  


No comments:

Post a Comment