Sunday, August 7, 2011

Excerpts from Garrett's Fourth Letter from the MTC

I went to the doctor yesterday and today.  Don’t worry too much. Nothing is wrong.  I have been seeing little black dots/line in the corner of my left eye for about a month now, but I didn’t pay any attention to it until I started to get some nasty headaches 4-5 days ago. Long story short, the one doctor told me they are just tension headaches. I haven’t been sleeping great lately. I blame the very uncomfortable beds.  She gave me some info on going to sleep easier, and they should go away once I get more sleep and my eyes/head de-stress.  Then they sent me to the Optometrist for the eye thing.  He did all these checks and said my eyes are great. He told me the black line/dot thing is one or two small dead blood vessels that camp out around me eye.  He said there is really nothing anyone can do.  I’m not too worried because, like I said, it is not a constant nuisance, and it actually has been bugging me less and less.  So, I am happy, and once I get a little more sleep everything should be great.  


Going to the eye doctor was pretty fun.  Because my eyes were dilated, I had to wear these black sunglasses that they give you – you know the rolled ones.  I have drawn a lot of stares at the MTC because, as you know, it is against the rules to wear sunglasses. It has been fun. A couple of the Tongan Elders call me the Terminator – awesome!
 
Learning Khmae is the same old thing everyday.  Our teachers recently just switched us over to only writing on the board in Khmae characters - no more Romanized.  We also have to speak much more in Khmae and sing our songs out of a Khmae hymnbook.  Let’s just say there is a lot of humming and not much singing going on when we sing a hymn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment