Sunday, September 16, 2012

Fish Sculptures and Many Miracles

From Nantun: Ruby Chen, an investigator McKenzie met at a stoplight who should, if all else held constant when McKenzie left the area, be baptized. 

We have been blessed with so many miracles this week.  There was a mom, Yang Jiemei and her daughter who walked into English class the other day.  While I was doing the spiritual sharing on the Atonement of Christ, the mom was listening so intently.  I talked to her afterwards, and they agreed to come to a meeting the next day.  They are really special, and while they have little to no understanding about Christianity, they have mentioned several times that they like this and they feel good even though they are struggling to understand. Yang Jiemei said that she told her husband that they were going to meet with us, and he really encouraged them to go which is huge!  We invited them to bring the dad to the next appointment, and they thought maybe they could.  Keep your fingers crossed.  I actually talked to their grandpa the other day on the phone when I was trying to find them.  He was super friendly and wanted to know if I was a 'real American' I assured him that I was.  He invited us to come over and visit.  We have a lot of hopes for this family.  I really want to work on not just getting the mom and daughter involved but everyone!  The only slight concern is that the family business is selling jade Buddhist statues, which always makes things a little more complicated. It can be worked with though.   

Sister Thomas  and I in front of an old fort that the Dutch built when the colonized Taiwan. Then when China  came and kicked them out, it was converted into a Buddhist temple. 

Shu-feng is doing great.  We met with her twice this week, and she is just so in tune with the Spirit.  She has gained all of these tremendous insights from the scriptures.  She had told her mom that she wanted to be baptized, and while her mom didn't say she couldn’t, she was concerned that it was too fast.  But I guess after that, her mom said she would support her in whatever she wanted to do.  We taught her the word of wisdom this week.  She was feeling sad about having to give up coffee and tea but acknowledged that if this is a commandment of God she is willing to keep it.  She has been keeping the word of wisdom since that point.  She said that she still wonders "why?", but she is willing to act in faith, which makes all of the difference.  She truly is a very prepared person.    

From Nantun: Wu and Guan Jimie, who is a really good member friend. She loved to be with the missionaries, and she spent a lot of time helping us. She is a really wonderful person. 

Well it has been a great week here in Tainan Dong Qu.  We have been seeing a lot of miracles and I am loving having Sister Jarvis as my missionary companion.  She is a lot of fun and she just has such a positive attitude no matter what happens.  I remember I asked her if she had gotten sore from riding on a bike for so long.  She said that for the first little while she was super sore; she of course very maturely kept this to herself.  I am pretty sure my trainer knew when I was saddle sore from riding in the first few days because I kept telling her. 

McKenzie and Ruby Chen

No comments:

Post a Comment